Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib:
Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib, situated at Anandpur Sahib, is one of the most holy places of the Sikhs.
Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib is the birthplace of the Khalsa. The order of the Khalsa was founded here by Sri Guru Gobind Singh in 1699.
The foundation stone of Anandpur Sahib was laid on 30th March 1689. It was here that the Khalsa was born, when the young Guru called for a special congregation on the Vaisakhi day of 1699 with thousands of Sikhs in attendance.
Takht Sri Keshgarh Sahib stands at the place where Guru Gobind Singh initiated the ‘Panj Pyaras’, the five beloved ones, and administered Amrit to them.
Anandpur Sahib literally means ‘City of Spiritual Bliss’. The area now known as Anandpur Sahib includes Chak Nanaki, Anandpur Sahib and a number of adjacent villages.
It is generally believed that Anandpur was founded by Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib on 19th June 1665, but, in fact it was Chak Nanaki which was first founded in 1665.
The area of Chak Nanaki (in 1665) extended between the village of Agamgarh and the square between Keshgarh Sahib and the town’s bus stand.